Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FRANKENWEENIE


 Saw the above trailer sometime back when I was at the theaters for TED I think.

If your internet is so crappy that you can't spend 2 mins watching the trailer, here's a short Synopsis on Disney's new movie, Frankenweenie. It's about a boy who loved his dog so much that when it died, he used science to bring it back to life. Naturally this unnatural phenomenon will cause some issues and what will they be? Watch the movie to find out! :)

It's just another heartwarming movie you might say, but what interest me is that this movie is filmed in black and white, using stop-motion animated technique and then rendered in 3D.
Eh. I don't really know how to explain stop-motion. It's like making an object, look like it's moving on it's own?


Anyway back to the story, so what lengths will you go to keep your favourite pet by your side forever? Nothing. Call me heartless, but unless I'm guaranteed it's happiness I don't think I would do anything just to bring it back to life.


I don't have a pet right now, always feel like I'm not responsible enough to keep any. Can't even take good care of myself so I don't think I want the pet to suffer with me. Having a pet is a commitment, if you can't spend time with them and take care of their well being of all aspects (physical, emotional) please don't keep one!

When I was in primary school, my family had 2 chickens which we kept in the kitchen, inside a cage. Kept them since they were little yellow chicks. When we moved house, they were released into the little forest area behind the old flat.

Then when I was in secondary school, I saved up to buy a hamster. One day I brought it to school and my classmate told me it's sick, she offer to take it home to help me take care of it. Then I don't know if it was dead or lost somehow. Kinda regret letting her take it but I don't even know if it's a girl or boy and I felt like I can't care for it well (too active in CCA, no time to play with it). :'( I will always remember it's name though. Since this incident I've cancel all thoughts of having a pet because I know I'm not suitable for a pet. 我不配。

How about you? What lengths will you go to keep your favourite pet by your side forever?


"Catch Disney’s FRANKENWEENIE in cinemas this 15 November 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!”

No comments: