Monday, September 21, 2015

Collagen Stock / Bone Broth (Also known as Collagen Jelly Soup)


It's much easier than I thought and it's not as expensive as I thought it would be too!

I got my recipe from this blog post.


You would need some Big Bones.




Some Chicken Feet (usually I get 2 boxes..)



Some Chicken Bones. 

Boil 2 pots of water.
1 small pot to parboil the bones.
Another bigger pot for the real deal..

Place the bones in the big pot of boiling water.
As it cooks some junks/oil will float up to the top of the soup.
Remove the scum for a clearer and smoother broth.


Let it boil for about 10mins or so and then put it on low fire for a few hours.
If you have a slow cooker or thermal pot can use them too. :)

I use a thermal pot and usually keep it overnight and remove the soup in the morning.
My soup is usually still warm and I will use a sieve + scum skimmer sheet to remove oil / scums.

Each time I cook this I can get about 4 portions so I will use 1 portion for that day and keep the other 3 portions in the fridge after it cools.



Very versatile soup base.
I use it to cook ABC soup, fish porridge, fishball soup or even use it to cook noodles.
Add a bit of sesame oil and a pinch of salt and it taste just outside's food!


Can you guess what I'm going to have for dinner tonight? :D

No comments: