Saturday, January 04, 2014

Too Cool for School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box SPF37 PA++ #1- Soft Skin (Blue)

This foundation has one of the longest name! :D

So anyway in case you've not read my blog for a long while.. I was away for holidays the past week and just got back late last night(2nd). Opened my letterbox to an awesome surprise! :D

I'm one of the lucky ones (actually there's like 20 of us! :D) given the chance to try and review this product. :) If you want to know more about where I applied for projects like these (for free! no fees involved!), read THIS POST

The bigger sized product comes in a cute bottle with a special compartment with concealer and highlighter. If I win it will post photos of it up. :D Meanwhile let's focus on the foundation. :)

Had a little trouble trying to get to product out and when I finally managed to get it out, I think I squeezed like half a tube out. :( Transferred some to a clean little bottle that I use to store "opened" samples, cleaned up and start all over again. :D

 Too Cool for School is a Korean Brand. :)


 Testing the product on the back of my hand first.
Seems a bit lighter than my normal skin tone.




Packaging : It's really interesting and cute, but not in the cute princessy way (eg etude house).

Smell : Has a nice scent. I like it already. :D

Colour : Doesn't have the grey cast thingy but it's a little light in tone though. I'm pretty fair but it's still a little too light for me.

Texture : Thick cream, slight difficulty for me to blend (with fingers).

Coverage : Pretty average, was expecting it to have more coverage with the thick texture.

Compatibility with my skin : So far so good, no breakouts. It survived through 1 cooking and lunch session without melting much, which is not too bad in my opinion. I have combination skin so some products melts within 2 hours and you can see shiny Tzones and stuffs. The bottom left photo of my face titled "after (with flash)" is taken about 2 hours after I applied the foundation.
Looks okay in normal daylight but with camera flash the makeup makes me look kinda clownish (scary). Maybe I turned a tone darker after my trip to Taiwan?, would probably try the product again with pressed powder, concealer and highlighter.. eg the full makeup. :)

Would I purchase the product?
It's on the pending list together with a whole chunk of other foundations, CC creams and BB creams, It's not a must-buy at this moment, but I would definitely give it a few more tries to decide if it's good for future purchase. :) Giving it 4 our of 5 stars cause it has many plus points, except the tone is slightly not suitable for me.


If you like my review for this product, do support me and like my review here (click on the smiley face next to my review). :)

Thank you! :)

No comments: